Good and top quality content is of crucial importance for any website. It is this…
Good images speak a thousand words and visually appealing content is sure to draw the attention of readers. So, it will drive in more traffic to your site and improve readability. This, as a result, will generate more leads.
However, you cannot use any image available on the internet.
Most of the images which appear as search results are copyright protected. In other words, the ownership of that image solely belongs to its creator. As a result, such images cannot be used anywhere without proper license and permission.
Why websites can’t use any images available on the internet?
Websites using copyrighted images might end up getting into legal hassles. In addition, you may even have to pay a hefty fine for the use of such images.
This is not all.
Popular search engines like Google and Bing have algorithms to verify the authenticity of web content. Therefore, they do not index websites which have used copyrighted images without a proper license.
This, as a result, will surely reduce the website visibility on search results. In other words, fewer people will get to see your website. Above all, this will surely have an adverse impact on your overall marketing and ranking of your website.
Hence, using copyright free images is a far better option.
What are copyright-free images?
Copyright free images are those which are not protected by a copyright. In other words, the creators of these images do not claim ownership for them.
The copyright free images can either be public domain images or possess a creative commons license.
There are various sites offering such images to users.
Why use copyright free images?
You might be thinking that why at all should you go in for these free images.
Well, not really.
The use of copyright-free images has quite a few advantages. Let’s take a look at them.
- You can make some savings: The copyright free images are absolutely free. As a result, you can save a lot of money. For instance, you can use the savings in other productive channels for your business. And if yours is a start-up or a small business venture, then using these images will be even more beneficial.
- Easy to acquire: These images are free and widely available in various sites. Therefore, you do not have to spend much time or effort in acquiring any license for the images.
- No legal hassles: You won’t have to worry about any legality while using these free images. So, you can be rest assured that you will not receive any sudden legal notice for the use of any image.
- Categories galore to choose from: You can find free images in almost any category you want. As a result, you get millions of images to choose from.
- Good quality images: Majority of the photographers who have given out their work are very good. Hence, most of these images are of quite good quality.
Top 5 Places to Find Copyright Free Images at No Cost
Copyright free images are available on various sites today. Therefore, you can easily search for your required images from a host of options.
Here are the most popular sites where you can search for copyright free images.
#1 Google image search
Google image search is the most popular place to search for images.
A single click on the image search button on Google and there will be numerous images at your disposal. However, you should be careful enough to choose the ones which are free to use.
So, let’s see how you’ll go about it.
- First type what image you are exactly looking for in the Google image search box. For instance, you type ‘roses’ if you are looking for images of roses.
- After that click on the ‘settings’ icon and select ‘advanced search’.
- Click on the ‘usage rights’ button and then select ‘free to use or share even commercially’.
- After that click on the ‘advanced search button’.
- You’ll get a host of images to choose from
Flickr provides users with a huge collection of photographs shared by professional photographers. So, you are sure to get good quality free images here.
- Here too you have to type your image search query in the search box.
- After that, click on the ‘any license’ button.
- Select ‘all creative commons’ and go ahead with your image search.
- Images with a Creative Commons license usually demand an attribution. So make sure that you link the image to its creator.
Unsplash is another site which provides you quality images which are free to use. All the images in this site come with a Creative Commons license. In addition, you can also create your own account. Then you can get your chosen images delivered to your inbox.
Pixabay is a site which gives you high-resolution free images. In addition, there is a camera search option. So, you can look for images according to the camera used to click them. Above all, all the free images available are of superior quality.
Dreamstime is another great website where you can get close to sixty million free images to choose from. As a result, you have a variety of options to choose that perfect image for your site.
Hope this article will help you to choose great images for your website, blog or videos, without any copyright issues. We also use copyright free images while building any website to keep our clients away from any future consequences. If you are also looking for an awesome looking website with appealing visual content, you can contact us now!