Since 2022 is fast-approaching, it’s high time we look into and elucidate e-commerce Marketing Trends…
In today’s date, E-commerce sales have truly reached new heights. Selling clothes online and creating business from scratch can be daunting. But if you are already an offline clothes manufacturer or seller, you can take your business online in few comprehensive but easy steps.
Step-by-step procedure on how to start selling clothes online:
1. Learn the Basics, Then Sell
Digital era is all about data. Before opening your online store, you need to have adequate data to streamline your objectives.
Before launching your online store, you need to keep your product catalogue ready. It should contain all the information regarding your products such as product name, pricing, images, product descriptions and size charts.
- Firstly, divide products into major Categories like Men, Women and Kids.
- You can further divide them into Sub-categories such as Tops, Shirts, T-shirts, Ethnic wear, Winter wear and so on.
- Click high-quality images of each and every product with close-ups for customers to judge its look and feel.
2. Identify your target audience:
Successful online stores know who their ideal customers are. Instead of labelling your target audience to be ‘everyone’, you need to create a customer persona. It will help you to be distinct.
Keep on checking customer personas time and time again at specific intervals to confirm that you are on right track. This is so you don’t invest your resources on ruthless marketing techniques.
3. Start legal procedures:
Register your business, your name and get an official sellers permit from your respective state.
- Decide what will be the legal structure of your business.
4. Hire a Professional Web Designer:
To start your online store on a large scale, it is wise to offer best-possible experience to your customers.
That is only possible when you hire a professional website designer to customize and enhance the aesthetics of your website altogether.
- Professional web designer will finely thread your website as per your liking. Category pages, product pages, home page, etc. all of the content on your website will be handled by these professionals. One such amazing solution for web designing is MyWebMate.
- Purchase a domain name for your website from a specific host and get it registered for trademark.
5. Theme of your Online Store:
Your apparel online store must offer exquisite shopping experience to users. Customers must feel happy to see that your website is precisely designed and offers excellent user interface, thereby making it user-friendly.
- Your website will be first point of contact for your users. Appearance of your website is like a digital identity of your brand.
- Your website’s homepage must reflect the theme of your brand.
6. USP (Unique Selling Point) and Brand Voice
Be precise and comprehensive when you highlight your USP. USP is what makes you stand out from the crowd and differentiates you from your competitors.
- Most online stores fail to understand this concept and do not understand their audience’s voice.
- Be creative, connect with your customers and fill your ecommerce store with keywords that make sense and your customers understand easily.
7. Customer Centric UI and UX
eCommerce store needs to have customer centric approach in order to boost their sales. Longer a user interacts with your brand, higher will be the possibility of sales.
Which is why, your online store must have UI and UX that is user-friendly viz. customer centric.
- Poorly designed UI (user interface) will act as a major setback for your store.
- Delightful customer experience, simple user-interface and easy navigation is what you need to seek for your eCommerce store.
- Even a minimal amount of inconvenience caused to the customer whilst shopping can drive them away from your store.
- Make sure your website is responsive and loads faster, even on smaller screens such as tablets, smartphones, etc. It should be compatible with most of the devices and OS.
- Add a few custom options to enhance user experience such as 360 degree product view, product zooming, virtual trials and so on.
8. Fulfilment, Warehouse and SSL:
- Decide what shopping cart system would you like to have for your website.
- Determine what system you want to have for your inventory management.
- Decide whether you need an in-house fulfilment or third-party fulfilment.
- Decide about shipping cost per order.
- Decide whether you need a warehouse or not.
- Determine shipping partners and shipping strategies for your products (such as free shipping for orders above specific amount, free shipping for all orders but higher prices, etc.)
- Get an SSL certificate for your website from your host for secure sign-ins and payments.
9. Payment and Timely Shipping:
Once your eCommerce website is fully designed and developed, you need to select payment options for your customers.
For online payments, you will need a payment gateway with which your customers can pay through cards, wallets and net banking. Look for good credit card processing options.
Apart from this, you can also provide COD option.
- Offer timely procurement and shipping.
- Use durable and secure packing solution to keep your products intact during shipment.
10. Marketing strategy
Competing in eCommerce apparel business can be overwhelming, especially when there are myriads of competitors in the market.
Smartest way to build your online presence and put your brand out there is via different marketing channels. Not only will you be able to reach millions of prospects, but you will also get to know about latest trends and what attracts traffic. Below given are few marketing strategies to popularize your business:
- Let people know about your brand, engage, showcase your apparels on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and offer bold suggestions to your audience.
- Use Web analytics to understand your ROI and set precise goals.
- Make your website SEO-friendly to top the charts of search engines.
- Use coupons to attract repeat customer/first-time customers.
- Use videos on your website to showcase your products better.
MyWebMate is a great platform to create a professional ecommerce website and get it up online in no time. A team of experts will take care of everything, from SEO-friendly site, intuitive design, and unique logo to developing great web pages with customization. You don’t have to worry about a thing!
MyWebMate offers eCommerce website plans for small businesses as well as start-ups. Check them out and get your online store up today!